Friday, October 15, 2010

HOW DID I GET HERE?!?!?

I went to my first parent/teacher conference yesterday. More than just enlightening me about the academic progress of my “sweet nothing,” the experience was surreal. Earlier in the week David and I marked (not celebrated) the anniversary of our first date. No I will NOT mention how many years ago that was. Seems like yesterday. But I must acknowledge that first date was many, MANY years ago when I think about where I am today.


Today I find myself in Cleveland, Tennessee and still can’t believe I live here. I went to MY child’s parent/teacher conference. Some weeks I spend more evenings at the baseball field than at home. I have three dogs, and SUV a Dyson vacuum, a crock pot and a helluva mortgage payment. Oh, and ANOTHER kid on the way.

When these thoughts become overwhelming – this song begins playing in my head.

“HOW DID I GET HERE?????”


No comments:

Post a Comment