Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The vows at year 15


Husband and I aren’t really the “renew our wedding vows” type of people.  But if we did, I think they would be considerably different than on our wedding day.  Hearts and flowers and honoring you with all that I am and all that I have is a lofty and worthy ambition.  As we approach the end of our second decade married, the vows should be a little different.

Marriage vows at year 15:
  • I promise not to ask you to do anything while you’re watching college football.
  • I promise to give you time alone when you need it.
  • I will try to turn off lights when I’m not in the room.
  • I promise to do a better job at employing my brain to mouth filter.
  • I promise to always “post out!” (Private joke.  I’ve only told Sharla Gilhome about this.  This is a hilarious blog for another time)
  • I promise to pray for you every day.
  • I promise to abide you most of the time, like you a lot of the time and love you all the time.
  • And in the spirit of “Fifty Shades of Grey,” I will try to let my inner goddess come to the party more often.

We can agree to disagree on the ideal room temperature, mayo versus Miracle Whip, filling the gas tank when it’s half full, having white bread in the house, the virtues of boxed mac & cheese, and the correct way to fold towels. 

Lastly, if our address is in Cleveland, Tennessee; Denton, Texas; or Timbuktu – my home will always be where you are.

Oh, and I promise to go camping in the Boundary Waters and not color my hair for a year like you always challenge me to do….  NEVER!  On both accounts.  Never, EVER!!!

Happy anniversary!  Here’s to another 15!

No comments:

Post a Comment